Lounger
    Thanks

Retrieving original date (Word XP)

Sorry to ask this again but I think I found this at one point in this forum while searching but can't seem to find it now. If I have a document that was created using the Date field code but want to find the create date, isn't there a keyboard command or something that I can use while on the date field code to bring in the create date? I thought there was a command for that somewhere but can't seem to find it. If no command, then is there a way to get the create date back with the document open?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Retrieving original date (Word XP)

I don't think there is a built-in shortcut key to insert the create date. You can insert it by selecting Insert | Field..., selecting CreateDate in the list and clicking OK, or by pressing Ctrl+F9, typing CreateDate and pressing F9.
    If you just want to view the create date, select File | Properties and activate the Statistics tab.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Retrieving original date (Word XP)

Hi djbooks,

One point to note about the CREATEDATE field is that it gets updated if you use File|Save As, even using the same filename, so it doesn't necessarily show the date the document was created.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]