5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Movie Player 11

Good morning

I have downloaded and installed the new Windows Movie player but when I play any clips I get the sound but no picture as it seems to start and goes out of sight to the right of the screen, can anybody advise how I get it back (I have deleted it and downloaded it again!)

Editted to add: I have noticed that it is actually doing this with other objects on my taskbar, I was just working in PowerPoint and clicked the 'Add New Templates' link which then placed a minimised icon on the taskbar, when I click on it, it flies off the right of my screen?

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Movie Player 11

I assume that you mean Windows Media Player. See if WMP Mini-FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems. helps (the link opens to a question similar to yours).

You can try the same method suggested there in other applications too: right-click the program's icon in the Windows Taskbar. If Move is available in the popup menu, click that, then use the left arrow key to attempt to move the window back to the visible area of your monitor. If Maximize is available, you can try that too.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Movie Player 11

Cheers Hans

I tried the right click in the first place and was trying to drag with the mouse, I never thought of the arrows, DOH!!

Thanks

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)