Thanks

XP can't find wallpaper in My Pictures (XP SP2)

I've got lots of wallpaper BMP files in my My Pictures folder, but they do not appear when I right-click the desktop, select Properties and then the Desktop tab. Why not? They did on my old Win2K machine. How can I make them show up?
    Bill Meacham
    bmeacham98 AT yahoo.com

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP can't find wallpaper in My Pictures (XP SP2)

The list shows image files from the Windows folder. Click the Browse... button to show other folders.
    Alternatively, open a file from My Pictures (or any folder) in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, then right-click the image. The popup menu has an option to set the image as desktop wallpaper.

Thanks

Thanks, but I don't want to click a button and browse. I want to see all the pictures in the list. Is there a way to tell WinXP to look in My Pictures like W2K did?
    Bill Meacham
    bmeacham98 AT yahoo.com

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Not as far as I know.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Edited by HansV to reduce screenshot in size - please don't post pictures larger than 640x480 pixels

Hi Bill,

I don't know how I did it and I would not have even wanted to do it, but I have what I think you want. The question is how did it get that way.

I am not big on wallpaper-kind of things. For me, making a selection from available wallpapers - no matter how unsatisfactory they may be - is ok for me. That is why I said I would not have wanted to do it.

But... if you look at the attached screen shot, it looks like I have what you want. The screen shot shows:
    - my Windows folder is open and sorted by Type
    - my Display Properties Dialog is open and you can see a file named "Computer Upgrade (beer tap)" which is a jpg file I got from somewhere
    - after hitting the Browse button, the My Pictures folder was opened and the above file is in there.

The purpose of showing the Windows folder sorted by Type is to show that the "Computer Upgrade (beer tap).jpg" is NOT in the Windows folder.

If you also look carefully at the Display Properties, you'll see a file ending with "...5 cover)". If you look at My Pictures, you'll see a subfolder within My Pictures for Microsoft Clip Organizer with a picture of a family in the upper left; this picture is the "...5 cover)" file. I had downloaded the picture to use as a cover for a report I was doing for my Family Law class; no way was I thinking of using it for wallpaper.

So somehow, files (not just bmp) in My Pictures and its subfolders are being displayed in the Wallpaper listing. How? Don't know - I don't do windows. Maybe someone else can figure this out.

Fred