Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error on only 1 PC? (2003 SP2)

I'm stumped and am hoping someone has a clue as to why an error would only occur on only 1 PC. I'm running Access 2003 SP2 (the other user is downloading MSO Updates as we speak). The other user is running Access 2003 and is (obviously) about to apply the SPs. However, before they're applied, the user is getting an error regarding an ID Number not being present in a Subform. I've Compacted and Repaired the DB, and I've sent the user the version I'm using, in which no error occurs. However, as soon as she opens it on her PC and tries to add a Record, she gets the following error message:
    'Enter Parameter Value": Forms!Data Entry!Data Entry(REFERRALS) Subform!Placements (By Date)!ID

I don't understand why it's asking for the ID Field when this is a Subform on a main form that's linked by the IDs? As stated, this doesn't occur on my PC, but it does when I send it to this other user?

Baffled! If applying the SPs doesn't resolve the problem, can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this would be happening and (more importantly) how to fix it? [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error on only 1 PC? (2003 SP2)

This might seem obvious, but does your user have read rights to the subform query and its table?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

There aren't any permissions set on the Database. Everyone should have read/write permissions.

Thanks for your reply.

Any other ideas? [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you sure the user has opened the correct form?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's automated, and there's only 1 main form---all the rest are Subforms on Tabs on the Main Form. The Main Form is the startup Form? [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]

Hi Hans

Hope you're keeping well. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This kind of problem is hard to troubleshoot. I wonder whether the problem is specific to the user or to the PC. Are you on a network where users can log in on different PCs? If so, what happens
    a) if the user who has problems logs in on another PC?
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] if another user logs in on the PC where the problem occurs?

Thank you, I'm fine - hope you are too.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi guys

Just wanted to report back . . . once the user applied the Service Packs, this error no longer occurred, so whatever was causing it was obviously fixed by MS in SP1 or 2.

Sorry to trouble you, and thanks for your replies.

Kind regards

Brian