New Lounger
    Thanks

Inconsistent Printing of Multiple Tabs (2003)

I have received large spreadsheets with 75 tab worksheets, with each tab/sworksheet having alternate rows highlighted in yellow (cell fill), along with one column in each tab highlighted in yellow (cell fill). When I send the spreadsheet with the grouped 75 tabs to a color printer (either HP color laserjet or Epson color inkjet) specifying a print out in greyscale, only the first worksheet in the grouping is output in monochrome with grey scale, and all the others output incolor with the highlights in yellow. At first I thought it was a fault of the HP LJ4600, but then isolated it as an Excel shortcoming when the Epson produced the same result. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. jj in maryland

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inconsistent Printing of Multiple Tabs (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

This appears to be a bug in the way Excel prints multiple grouped sheets: each sheet is printed as a separate job, so that the printer reverts to the default settings after printing the first sheet. The problem is mentioned many times in the newsgroups, but there doesn't appear to be a satisfactory solution.
    Does it work better if you don't group the sheets and print the entire workbook?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Thank you for your suggestion, but no, printing the entire workbook does not correct the problem.

I do appreciate your note- thank you again.

John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In that case, I'm afraid the only - very tedious - workaround is to print each sheet separately, specifying grayscale each time.

Or perhaps you could run this macro:

Sub PrintBlackAndWhite()
    Dim wsh As Worksheet
    For Each wsh In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
    wsh.PageSetup.BlackAndWhite = True
    wsh.PrintOut
    Next wsh
    End Sub