Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Default folder used for Inserts (Outlook 2000)

When I compose a message in Outlook 2000 and want to attach a file of some sort I
    1) click on the spot I want it inserted
    2) Click on Insert then on File
    The Insert File window that comes up defaults to position at the My Documents folder.
    How can I specify the default folder shown during Insert / File to some other folder of my choosing?
    I am told that this can be changed by finding and changing the proper key in the Registry.
    Anyone know which key is the correct one for this, i.e. for the Default folder shown when you select Insert / File on a new message?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Default folder used for Inserts (Outlook 2000)

you can hack the registry, but it also changes it for all other programs too.

since you are using OL2000, you can use the places bar to put your outlook folder one click away.

the utilities and instructions for editing the registry are listed <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm>here</A>

Lounger
    Thanks

I don't quite follow your answer. Are you saying I would put my desired folder on the places bar then when I want to insert an attachment to a message drag it from there rather than selecting Insert then File?

As for changing the Registry method I would not at all mind if it changed it for all other Office programs. Would it change it for other Non-office program too? Do you know the name of the key to change?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

the places bar is a shortcut on the file | open and file | save menu. you'd use the insert menu, then click the folder on the places bar instead of browsing to the folder.

it changes the location of the my documents folder - the key is listed on the page at stipstick.com that i posted earlier. towards the end of the page is a link to a site that explains places bars.