Star Lounger
    Thanks

Edit | Links command is grayed out (2002/2003)

I inserted a sound from file, but the Edit | Links... command is grayed out. In Tools | Options | General, I set the "link sounds with file size greater than" to 1kb, just to make sure the file wasn't embedded. How can I edit the link (the file has been moved)?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit | Links command is grayed out (2002/2003)

The easiest way to solve this is to store the sound file in the same folder as the presentation. PowerPoint will always be able to find it there, even if it was originally in another folder.
    If that isn't possible, double click the sound file's icon in your presentation. Ppt will complain that it can't find the file, and ask you whether you want to locate the file yourself. Click Yes, browse to the file, then click Open. Don't forget to save your presentation!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Actually, double-clicking it just gives the error message: "Cannot find the specified file. Make sure the path and filename are correct."

In fact, the ultimate goal is to copy the presentation onto a CD. Sounds like my client just copied the files over to CD, rather than using the "pack and go" feature.

Thanks for your help,
    -Torry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In my PowerPoint 2002 (XP), double clicking presents the choice I mentioned. If that is not available to you, I'd move the sound file to the folder containing the presentation, and store them in the same folder on the CD.

Otherwise, you'll have to delete the sound icon, and insert it anew.