3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Save Attached Template? (2003)

Hi All,
    We have a user that has recently had a new pc. She has Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 (completely up to date) and IE7

Whenever she creates a document based on a template (other than Normal.dot) she is asked whether she wants to Save Changes to the (name of attached) Template when she saves her new document. This is even if she has made no changes whatsoever to the new document.

We have made sure she is patched to the hilt, have tried deleting her Normal.dot and deleting the data key, but still no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Save Attached Template? (2003)

Does this user have any add-ins loaded (you can check this in Tools | Templates and Add-Ins...)? If so, try disabling them one by one to see if the problem disappears.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans - I've been through and removed all addins, checked for COM-Addins as well (there weren't any). If all Add-ins are removed, and I start Word with a fresh Normal.dot, create a template in 2003 and then try to use this template to create a new document, I still get the problem. However, there is a slight difference: with a new template created in 2003 I only get the message to save template when I close the document. With a template created in earlier version of Word, I get a message on save and on close. I've also removed the registry Word data key and had no success.

Thanks

Did the new PC also come with MS Works? If so, could it be the MS Works Suite add-in for Word that causes the problem? See the following article (scrolling down past other possible culprits).

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...514521033.aspx

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Ian - we will try this and let you know how it works. (And yes - it was a Works installation with Word upgrade)