Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Errors with embedded Excel file in Outlook appt (2

To avoid duplication and confusion, this thread is locked. Please post all replies in the thread in the Excel forum, starting at <post:=618,637>post 618,637</post:>.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Errors with embedded Excel file in Outlook appt (2

Hi all

I am using a time & priority management methodology that requires me to keep a task list within an Outlook appointment. I was doing it in plain text, then I thought "why not embed an Excel file?" to make it easier to sort tasks by priority, date, completion etc.

With some help from the amazing Hans V, I have got the Excel file working just I want it to (attached) - but when I embed it into an Outlook appointment, one function (clicking on a checkbox to indicate that a task has been completed) generates the following errors:

1. 'doing - Appointment .xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.
    If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted.

2. 'doing - Appointment .htm' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.
    If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted.

(The title of the appointment is "Writing/doing" - which explains the beginning of each error message.)

The other functions in the Excel file (auto-sorting mostly) work perfectly in the Outlook appointment - it's just clicking the checkbox that doesn't work.

My preference is to embed the Excel object *without* a link to the file, so that I can edit it within the Outlook appointment.

As always, I'd be most If any of the Loungers can suggest any techniques for doing this so that I can get it to work completely without errors. I have posted this in the Excel forum as well, as I'm not sure whether the problem lies within Excel or Outlook - apologies in advance to those who see this twice.

Best regards

Neil