5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

networkdays (XP)

If I already know the number of days allotted to accomplish a task and the start date, I use the "workday" function to compute the end date and it gives me, let's say, 7 days - Start Date is 5/17/05 and the person has 7 days to complete the task - using the Workday formula I get an end date of 5/25/05.

However, if I know the start and end dates (the same as above) and use the Networkdays function to figure out the # of days allotted, it returns 8 days . . . .

What's up with this????

Thanks again

AuntLinda

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: networkdays (XP)

WORKDAY returns the 'working day' n days after the start date.
    NETWORKDAYS returns the number of working days between the start date and the end date, including both start and end date.

Let's take an extremely simple example: January 4, 2007 is 2 days after January 2, 2007, but if you calculate NETWORKDAYS, you get 3 since January 2, January 3 and January 4 are included in the count.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: networkdays (XP)

Hey, Hans - thanks - I do understand now and will pass this along to my extremely observant students tonight . .

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier but our email system here at work has been "doing it's own thing" for over a week now and, apparently, am not getting much of my email.

Looked up my post just this morning and saw your reply.

Again - thanks.

Aunt Linda