3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Out of Office Assistant question (Outlook 2003/latest service pack)

I have a user who is going on sabbatical and will be in another country for the first 6 months of 2007. She wants to know if it's possible to have the out of office e-mail sent each time someone sends her an e-mail instead of the one time it sends it to each unique e-mail address that sends her a message. Does that make sense? I've never heard this request before so I thought I'd come here to see if you guys know if this is possible.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Out of Office Assistant question (Outlook 2003/latest service pack)

Out-of-Office sends a message only once. She can, however, create a rule that sends a reply each time a mail is received. She'd have to create a message template (.oft) file, and send this as reply.

Warning: if she receives spam in her inbox, the senders will also get the reply - each time.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That's what I thought, and I agree about the spam situation. Let me ask a question about the rule. Won't her Outlook client need to be open on her PC (or a PC) in order for the rule to work? I've never setup a server side rule so maybe this would be the way to go?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, you can create a server-side rule to send an automatic reply. See Have Exchange Server send custom reply messages