Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple images, large ZIP

In <post:=619,357>post 619,357</post:> (World's Smallest Computer? ) I posted a link to a page on my web site.
    I chose this method because I am unsure of two things, and hope a peer or more can advbise:
    (1) How else could I post a message with 7 JPG files which, even ZIPped, come to 258KB (over the lounge's 100KB limit)
    (2) How else could I post a message with 7 inline images as attachments?

That is, in this specific case I seem to be thwarted by (1) exceeding the size of potential attachment and (2) exceeding the number of attachments
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (48.9 KB, 1 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple images, large ZIP

The Lounge has a 100 KB limit for attachments - if we didn't have it, people could slow our site down to a crawl by attaching a multi-megabyte screenshot.
    For the same reason, we allow only one attachment per post, and we discourage off-site image links. If an off-site image is not available for whatever reason, pages containing these images will load extremely slowly.
    If you really need to post more than one image, you can place them in replies to your own post, but in this specific case that is not necessary, because the images are available elsewhere, so a link to another web page is sufficient.

Thanks

If your question or contribution requires huge swaths of text or towers of images, then I think you are right to link to it offsite.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both for your responses.
    I understand the limits (1 image, 100KB) but was wondering if there was an alternative WOPR methood. There is not.
    Now I also understand that a link to an off-WOPR site is acceptable, but that problems may arise if that site is down.

From that I infer that a link to my own site/server is preferable to any other individual site (except the Big Boys such as Microsoft, IBM, etc) because I have some degree of control over my site.
    If I inadvertently delete my linked page, Lounge Members could prompt me to recreate it.
    I would have little control over Mike Stanislau's site in Woop-Woop, or wherever.

Presumably once I am dead and gone and my server subscription runs down, we will be in trouble.
    Well you collectively, actually, because I'll be beyond caring (grin!)

Thanks.