2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report: Field spanning more than 1 page (2003)

I have a report that we use to capture meeting action items and minutes. The action items fields are within the detail section of the report. The action items part grows as necessary to accommodate the listed records. The minutes are captured in a text field placed in the page footer. The can grow property = yes. Two questions I have are: is it possible to have the minutes field carry over onto another page if needed? (it currently cuts off if the information entered exceeds the 2.5" height of the field. Basically I would like both the action items and minutes sections to be able to grow as needed. Second question: is it possible to set visible = no only on the second page (if it is needed)? The reason for this would be if the minutes field could grow onto a second page there would be label fields that would not be needed. Hope this makes sense. I have attached a copy of my report to help clarify what is where. Thank you for any assistance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report: Field spanning more than 1 page (2003)

The page footer section cannot grow or shrink. Moreover, controls in the page footer cannot span multiple pages. You should place the Minutes text box in the Details section, or in the Report Footer, or in a group footer (which might be for a dummy group). Each of these can span more than one page, and can grow and shrink with its controls.

It would be possible to use VBA code to hide controls if necessary, but we'd need to have more info.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. There are four labels within the page header (actionitem, duedate, resource, priority). They are used to identify corresponding action item fields within the detail section of the report. With the minutes field now in the report footer, the minutes can span onto a second page. If that happens, I would like to know if I could change the visibility of the four labels only on the second page, as only the minutes field would be represented on it. I hope this makes some sense.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try code in the On Format event of the report header:

Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Me.Label16.Visible = (Me.Page > 1)
    Me.Label17.Visible = (Me.Page > 1)
    Me.Label18.Visible = (Me.Page > 1)
    Me.Label26.Visible = (Me.Page > 1)
    End Sub

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, This sort of worked, however it turned the on label visibility off on page one and on for page 2, etc. I tried the following which seems to work:
    Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    If (Me.Page = 1) Then
    Me.Label16.Visible = 1
    Me.Label17.Visible = 1
    Me.Label18.Visible = 1
    Me.Label26.Visible = 1
    Else
    Me.Label16.Visible = 0
    Me.Label17.Visible = 0
    Me.Label18.Visible = 0
    Me.Label26.Visible = 0
    End If
    End Sub
    Thank you again for your help! -Scott

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I reversed the condition, it should have been

Me.Label16.Visible = (Me.Page = 1)

etc.