New Lounger
    Thanks

Text Box Requery (2003)

How do you update a text box on a form after another field has been updated?

Me.TxtVolume.Requery???

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text Box Requery (2003)

Is it a calculated text box? If so, you must recalculate the form in the After Update event of the other control:

Me.Recalc

This will update all calculated controls on the form.

New Lounger
    Thanks

The information in the text boxes pulls from a query that is based on the date on the form. When I change the data I want the data in the text boxes to update. I have got it to the point where the underlying query will update with the correct information, but the text boxes are not updating. I'm sure it's a pretty simple solution, but I can't figure it out. Have a great day.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is the query you mention the record source of the form? If not, the query will probably update only when the record in the form has been saved. There are ways to make the text box(es) update immediately, but we'd have to know more about the design of the query in order to help.

New Lounger
    Thanks

The query is the record source of the form. The query updates, but the form does not.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Hmm, we'll have to know more about the query. It would be best if you could post a stripped down copy of your database. See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Is there anyway to refresh the data in a text box on a form?

I usually use the Requery function to refresh charts, but in the help menu it just said that this could be used for List Boxes, Combo Boxes, OLE Objects, Domain Aggregate Functions, or SQL Aggregate Functions. It doesn't mention Text Boxes. Is there another code that does this same function for text boxes?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Normally, Access will automatically update calculated fields in the record source of a form, and if that doesn't work, the instruction Me.Recalc will update *all* calculated controls.

Otherwise, we will really need to see the database in order to know what is going on.