Star Lounger
    Thanks

Memory cannot be read (IE 7)

When I try to open a pdf file link in IE7 I get an application error then the description says that memory cannot be read. If I use Mozilla on the exact same link it works fine. Just in case I updated my Adobe reader but that did not help either. I am also experiencing the same problem if I have a link to a pdf file in an email I am using Outlook 2003.

I had tried Office 2007 trial and have since uninstalled it. I don't know if this could have cause the problem

Thanks,

Bret

Thanks

Re: Memory cannot be read (IE 7)

Which version of Adobe Reader do you have? I have 7.0.8, but I think a new version (8.x) might have been released recently, perhaps to improve compatibility with various new Microsoft products.

One workaround might be to launch PDFs outside the browser. From inside Adobe Reader, use Edit>Preferences..., Internet category, clear the checkbox for Display PDF in Browser.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Memory cannot be read (IE 7)

I have 7.0.8 also. Changing the Internet settings as you recommended worked. Thanks a lot. Now maybe I can settle on one browser. It also fixed my problem in Outlook. Thanks again.

Bret