5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PDF to WORD (2K)

Hi,
    Is it possible for me to copy the complete format of a PDF document from Acrobat Reader 6 to Word 2K without any additional software so that I can edit it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PDF to WORD (2K)

I have Adobe Reader 7, it has a menu option Edit | Copy File to Clipboard. You can then paste into a Word document. But this will not produce an exact copy of the PDF document - you'll have to try it out to see how much is lost.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks,

I've tried this and alot of the formatting is lost due to tables and the like. I suspect the overall answer is No.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Depending on the type of pdf file, you may have the option of saving it as a word (.doc) file. Do a file save as, and see if the word document option is available in the 'save as type' box.

I think the rule is, that if the .pdf file was generated from a word document, you can do this - but if it was scanned it doesn't work. Does anyone know?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

With only Adobe Reader, the answer is indeed No. You'd need to have the full Adobe Acrobat or a thrird-party application - if you do a search for convert word pdf in this forum and in the Software Finds and Wants forum, you'll find several threads touching on this subject.