3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Knowing Which Fields are Locked (Word 2003/SP 1)

I haven't worked with Word a whole lot. A friend of mine built a template for some Customs Forms and has let me use it. I did a little tweaking to make it print more precisely on the form and now I get the message on the attached picture.

The form seems to print all right, I just wondered what is causing this? There are 2 embedded 'scanned' signatures on the form. I moved one and wondered if that is causing the message? How can one tell which fields are locked?

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Knowing Which Fields are Locked (Word 2003/SP 1)

It is possible to lock fields so that they will not be updated. Ctrl+F11 locks fields within the selection, and Ctrl+Shift+F11 unlocks fields within the selection.

I assume your friend locked the fields on purpose, so it may not be a good idea to unlock them. You could experiment with a copy of the template, press Ctrl+A to select the entire document, then press Ctrl+Shift+F11 to unlock all fields. You'd have to repeat this for all headers and footers. Check carefully whether this has negative effects.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Knowing Which Fields are Locked (Word 2003/SP

I figured out what the deal was. My friend had an 'X' on a single line to mark a check box, but because of font sizes, etc., I placed the 'X' in a text box so I could maneuver it wherever I needed it. In trying to adjust his 'X' to make it the right size, it would move all my other lines and mess them up. Apparently that text box was locked.

Thanks for your help!