Thread: New tabs (IE7)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New tabs (IE7)

I use Maxthon alot for its mutiple tab browsing. Each time I click a link, I get a new tab. In IE7, it seems one has to open a new tab beforehand. Am I missing a setting that says Open in New Tab automatically? TYIA

Thanks

Re: New tabs (IE7)

I don't think it would be an automatic option, otherwise you would never be able to navigate anywhere without opening countless tabs.

Presuming you have the option set below, what does middle-clicking (wheel-button if you have it) or Ctrl+left-click do for you?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (17.5 KB, 0 views)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Middle clicking my wheel changes the active window, so I see other programs I have open. The point you are making is right: I should just click that new tab and use that. In Maxthon, I don't lose the original page as I seem to do with 7, but I'll keep working on it. Thanks. BTW, when I use Roboform to navigate to the forum, I regularly get a Navigation Cancelled blank screen and then have to refresh to actually get in. Is there a setting about that?

Thanks

> BTW, when I use Roboform to navigate to the forum, I regularly get a Navigation Cancelled blank screen
    > and then have to refresh to actually get in. Is there a setting about that?
    Hmmm, what is the connection between Roboform and navigating to the Lounge? Does it fill out the login page automatically? Perhaps it has stored some information that no longer works in IE7. Can you clear the stored information for the Lounge and set it up again?

Thanks

> I use Maxthon alot for its mutiple tab browsing. Each time I click a link, I get a new tab. In IE7, it seems one has to
    > open a new tab beforehand. Am I missing a setting that says Open in New Tab automatically?
    I've never used Maxthon. Are you saying that in the Lounge Main Index, for example, if you click the names of 3 boards you get three new tabs added behind the current tab? In Firefox, you hold the Ctrl key while clicking each link to do that. No idea whether IE7 has adopted that same convention, but perhaps it has.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

I do NOT believe that IE 7 has that convention. The only options I can find with tabs are what to do with popups and what to do with links from other programs.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry for butting in here late, but IE7 has two options for opening links in new tabs:

1) Ctrl + Click
    2) Right-click and choose, "Open in New Tab"

Depending upon which mouse and software (drivers) you have, there may be a third option available to you. I am using a Logitech MX1000 and in the SetPoint configuration options, I can program the wheel to open links in a new tab when it is "clicked", i.e., pressing down on the wheel.

Jeff
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes. It gets a little busy when I'm on my Yahoo site and click new mails, I wind up with lots and lots of separate tabs. But that's what I want. I want to hold source tabs open while I follow a link from that tab to see the site referred to, an can select the source tab to see where I came from. I was thinking IE7 would do the same and I could use that, but it does not open a new tab automatically. OK, fine. Just so I know what's what. BTW you have a Maxthon setting as to how many tabs you can have open in one instance. You can save all open tabs as a Group, which is also nice for something like vacation planning, where you can bring up all relevant sites for your trip that you saved with a group name.