5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Downloading VB Express (n/a)

Not sure if this is a suitable place to post this, but.. I was considering downloading Visual Basic Express Edition from the Microsoft site. However, it says that the Windows .Net Framework needs to be removed first.
    Isn't the .Net Framework a essential 'engine' for Windows XP? Would you trust this download?! Thanks, Andy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Downloading VB Express (n/a)

I assume that VB 2005 Express will install its own version of the .Net engine.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Downloading VB Express (n/a)

The .NET Framework is a runtime environment that can be used by any supported version of Windows.

It's OK to have multiple major versions of the .NET framework installed (1.1, 2.0.xxxx, 3.x) since each runs in its own space. Any application that's built with a specific framework version will require that same version on the end-user's PC (assuming it's a windows-based application - web applications require this only on the server).

If you're being asked to uninstall a framework version, I would bet that you have a beta version (most likely of the 2.x variety) installed. You may want to check that before installing VB.