Thread: IE6 (6.0 SP2)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE6 (6.0 SP2)

I'm basically a Firefox user, but I use the IE Tab option for certain sites. These have a habit of generating 'A runtime error has occurred' messages. I go into IE6, and change the options settings: I disable 'Display a message every time a script error occurs', and I check 'Disable Script Debugging (other)'. However, IE seems to undo these options automatically, probably the next time the system boots. Can anyone tell me how to stop it doing that.?

many thanks

Thanks

Re: IE6 (6.0 SP2)

Assuming you have the privileges to change the program's settings, then they should be saved permanently.

As you may know, Windows has a Policy feature which allows administrators to override user changes. These entries mirror the program's regular entries in the registry, and might be found here: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoft... These usually are not an issue outside of the corporate context.

Another possibility is security software that watches for and reverses unexpected settings changes. Can you recall installing anything like that?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE6 (6.0 SP2)

Thanks very much. It could be Windows Defender that's correcting it--I'll try it for a few days and see.

best