Thanks

User Profiles & Unsafe Expressions (Access 2003/SP

I keep thinking about how to supress the "Unsafe Expressions" dialog box and I thought I had a solution, as follows:

This involves some registry editing... so beware
    Step 1 - Create a profile
    Create the New Key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREYour CompanyYour ApplicationYour Application Version Number.
    and also this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOffice11.0Acces sProfiles

Add a string value to the Profiles subkey, and give it the name that you want to use on the command line.
    For the value's data, enter a string that points to the location of the subkeys you created SOFTWAREYour CompanyYour ApplicationYour Application Version Number

Step 2 - Set the security
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREYour CompanyYour ApplicationYour Application Version Number
    Right Click -> New -> Key, type "Security" (no quotation mark included)
    In newly created Key Security, Right Click -> New -> DWORD Value, type "Level " (no quotation mark included)
    double Click new created value Level, type "00000001" (no quotation mark included) in Value data

Step 3 - Add the profile to your shortcut to launch the database
    by using the /profile "Profile Name" (as created in step 1)

The following are links to the references I'm basing this on.

Links:
    Create an Access user profile
    Turn off warnings in Access 2003 runtime
    How To Avoid An Access 2003 Sandbox Storm (go to the bottom of the article for the most relevant info)

I have not had any success yet with this approach, however if my interpretation of the above articles is correct it should be possible to supress that darned dialog. BTW - I just want to supress it for my database, not make a global change for all.

Anyhow, I've been trying to prove that I am launching using my profile and haven't been able to do that successfully.
    I added the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREYour CompanyYour ApplicationYour Application Version NumberRun-Time OptionsTitleBar
    with the default string value of TESTING
    yet haven't been able to make this appear in the title bar.

Has anyone out there had any experience in using profiles that they can contribute?

On my system there appear to be three keys which contain the security level information.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice11.0Access SecurityLevel
    which is overridden by:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOffice11.0Acces sSecurityLevel
    But
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftJet4.0EnginesSa ndBoxMode will also dominate. And it is this key I think might be duplicated within the profile. But first I think I'd better prove I've got the profile working.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

Re: User Profiles & Unsafe Expressions (Access 200

Update:
    If
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftJet4.0EnginesSa ndBoxMode is deleted, it recreates itself set to the default security level (2)
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile