3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Meetings (2002 SP3)

Is there anyway to set up recurring meetings that are strictly on the 1st and 3rd XXXXday (example Tuesday) of the month?

Thanks

Re: Calendar Meetings (2002 SP3)

You can do this by opening your calendar, then click on New Meeting and setting the first one then click on Recurrence and set that to recur every two weeks, then select the day(s) then the start date and end date.
    Is that what you want?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Yes, but you need to set up a separate recurring appointment for each unique day of the month. On the New Appointment form 'press' the "recurrence" button and setup up what you want in the recurrence pattern section.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

I think we said the same thing here Joe, but just to clarify I went into the Calendar and set it as I described. I started with the last Monday in December the 25th) and the last Wednesday in December (27th) and set the recurring for every two week. What my calendar now shows is a meeting on Monday and Wednesday of the last week in December and the next the second week of January. The 1st week of January no meeting, and the third week in January a meeting. Is that what he wanted?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've tried what all of you suggested but on the months where there are five weeks, say January, it messes the recurrence up. The meetings in February end up being on the 2nd and 4th week and so on. I was trying to figure out a way to have it strictly stay on the 1st and 3rd xxxday of the month or something similar to that.....

Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks

I did not read it that way. I read that he wanted an appointment/task for the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month (for example). In this case, you/he can not use every two weeks you must set the recurrence pattern to the particular day of the month and have an entry for each unique appointment/task - in the example one for the 1st Monday and a second for the 3rd Monday.

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by joeperez on 20-Dec-06 11:55. added screen shot of recurrence entry)</P>If you want it strictly on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month you must setup separate appointments one where the recurrence pattern is for the 1st Wednesday of the month and the other for the 3rd. You can't do it in one appointment. You do not want every other week you want to set it for a monthly occurence.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

You're right Joe. I didn't take into consideration that some months had 5 weeks.
    Thanks John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Got it! I was hoping there was a way to do them both together, that's all. Thank you both!