3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

export/import contacts (Outlook 03 SR2)

I want to export my contacts list from my office copy of outlook to my Home copy of outlook.
    I exported my contacts to a file called Backup.pst. I sent it home my Email. But my home copy would not import it.

I would think this should be a simple straightforward procedure. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

Re: export/import contacts (Outlook 03 SR2)

Did your home Outlook give you any particular error messages? In case the home version isn't 2003, you'll need to send yourself a file in "97-2002" format. If the attachment is blocked, try zipping it before sending it. If Outlook says it can't access the file from disk, make sure it isn't marked read-only (at the Windows level).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What was the problem? Did you get an error message - if so, what did it say?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I do not remember what the error message was. The home version is 2003. I did send it as a zip file. I unzipped it to my desktop and then tried to import it. I will try again tonight and then post the error message.

Thanks

As an alternative to use File>Import..., try this: open the file using File>Open>Outlook Data File, then drag and drop from the PST to the relevant folder. To avoid various problems, when you are finished copying/moving, right-click the PST in the Folder List and Close it before deleting it from where you accessed it.