2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Incorrect figures on report (Access 2000)

I have tried to create a query (MARYqry7) for a report that combines the results of two other queries (MARYqry3 and MARYqry6). Both MARYqry3 and MARYUqry6 queries work fine independently. However, when combining them as MARYqry7 (rptMARYqry7), an incorrect figure is reflected under the 999 column, even after experimenting with relationships, groupings, sums, etc.

For instance, when running the dates beginning 1/10/04 and ending 1/20/04, the results should be one employee with 36, 2, 38, and the % under the 4 report columns, respectively. But the second column (999) reflects

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Incorrect figures on report (Access 2000)

See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions on how to reduce the size of a database you want to post.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Hans! Please see attached.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can see what happens in MARYqry7, or in the report if you make the detail section visible: the value 2 from qryMARY6 is repeated for each of the 22 records from qryMARY3, so it adds up to 22 x 2 = 44.

Since you apparently are only interested in reporting the summary, not the individual records, you should calculate the total hours separately in the queries. See the attached version.

Note: if you want to test for a non-blank value, enter Is Not Null in the criteria.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Many thanks, Hans! Your version of the report is exactly what I needed. I will study your queries to see what you did to make it work. Once again, I appreciate your expert help, as always. Merry Christmas to you and all good wishes for a wonderful 2007!...Mary