2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error in report (Acess 2000)

I have errors in report when grouping the roducts according to their productid, and size. Can you help me solve the problem? As you can see in the attachement, the product

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error in report (Acess 2000)

Your products table has two records, with Productid 411 and 412. However, both records have the same value for grade: "BlueTronic SAE 10w-40".
    Your report is not grouped by Productid, but by grade, so the records with grade = "BlueTronic SAE 10w-40" are gropuped together, even though they have different Productids.
    You have *not* grouped the report by size.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you dear Hans ! Yes , now i have grouped the report by productid and i have got the right figures ! As you could see in the attachement everything is OK.
    How could i sort these products with their grade in the ascending order ? I have tried to enter grade under productid in the sorting and grouping coloumn, but this gave no result.
    My example here is with only one grade, but when i have different grades i need to sort the products in the ascending order of the grade

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Add grade to the Sorting and Grouping window, below Productid. Don't set the Group Header and Group Footer to Yes.
    Then click on the grey button to the left of grade, and drag the row up; drop it above Productid.
    The report should now be sorted by grade, and grouped by Productid.
    You won't see any difference in the sample database, since all products have the same grade. But if you add products with a different grade, you should notice the difference in the report.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes Hans, everything is OK now. My report shows the right figures !!!
    Thank you !