3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Table of Contents-title on each page (Win XP SP2 Ofc 2003)

Dear Sirs,
    I have a TOC created by someone on the lounge. I forgot to mention that I need to have the Title and the column descriptions on each page.
    I have looked up instructions, but quite frankly, most of the things I read I simply cannot understand what they say.
    Does someone know how I can do this without messing up what I already have?
    Thank you,
    Julia

Thanks

Re: Table of Contents-title on each page (Win XP S

Are the title and columns for the Table of Contents itself? If the TOC is in its own section, you probably can put them in the Header. Closing up the natural gap between Header and the body involves a trick that I don't remember precisely. Somewhere (!!) you slip a - in front of one of the numbers (perhaps for top margin) to make it absolute so Word doesn't adjust it automatically to make more space.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, again!
    Hmmm. Well, the file I am working in has lost it's TOC and I have another question under a subject line of the TOC disappears. When I went in to check what you are saying, I notice that the bookmark that StuartR put in is no longer there. The bookmark followed my titles. The TOC is in a different section, separated by a couple page breaks, but I wouldn't want a header to appear on the song pages. Maybe I better wait until I get some answers about this TOC.
    I'm going to post another reply to StuartR about the TOC right now, since I am still trying to see if I can help myself with any of these difficulties and he created this function for me.
    Thanks,
    Julia

Thanks

When you edit a Header or Footer, the toolbar has a button to "Link to Previous". If the button is pressed in, the Header/Footer will match the previous section. If you click it to pop the button out, then your Header/Footer becomes independent of the previous section and change you make there or in the previous section do not affect one another. Note that there is a Link to Previous for each Header/Footer (Primary, First page, Even Page, etc.).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Headers used in a changing TOC

Hi, jscher!
    Okay. I don't quite understand what you said, but I recall doing something like that with Headers before, but have no recollection right now. I'll do some research to remind myself again before I do this.
    Come to think of it, the Table of Contents keeps changing size, so the number of pages will change - how would that work - I've never worked with a Header that covers a certain number of pages at one time, but a different number of pages later - that sounds pretty scary to handle. Do you know how that works?
    Thanks,
    Julia