3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Autocomplete Problems (Outlook 2003 SP2)

The autocomplete in my email only works for the session I am in. For example: When I turn my computer on and start to send emails there are no autocomplete addresses but as I send emails, those very email address work in autocomplete so I thought I was just building a new list however when I turned off the computer and on again I started with nothing in autocomplete until I sent email again and then, of course, only for email addresses sent in the new sessions email.
    If it is of any help in folder Cocuments and Settings"My Name"Application DataMicrosoftOutlook there are 2 .NK2 Files: Outlook.NK2 (589 KB) and "My Name".NK2 (1KB). Thanks, in advance for any help !!!!!

Thanks

Re: Autocomplete Problems (Outlook 2003 SP2)

There should be an .NK2 file for each "profile" you create in Outlook. The default profile is named Outlook; perhaps you created the other one??

I've never heard of Outlook failing to save AutoComplete "nicknames" or clearing them automatically -- if you let Outlook save nicknames. Perhaps this is a feature of a privacy program or system tweaker?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I didn't create any .NK2 files that I know of. What do you mean by, "There should be an .NK2 file for each "profile" you create in Outlook." ? I have one email address from MSN going into Outlook. I checked Trend Micro Pc-cillin and Spyware Doctor and don't see anything that would cause this and I haven't changed those settings and this all worked a few days ago. Any other thoughts ?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I may have solved this. I use a program called OutSource-XP to backup my Outlook files (in addition to making an image periodically). From this program, I was able to restore the two .NK2 files. The Outlook. NK2 file went from 589 KB to 602,715 KB and the "My Name".NK2 file went from 1 KB to 930 KB. I even rebooted once and it still seems to work. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help.