New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Explorer Directory Tree (XP Home w/sp2)

I have Windows Explorer set to expand my D: directory when I launch it. Recently it has been taking about a minute or longer to expand. Same thing happens when trying to navigate to a specific directory from within any program to open or save a file. I've run Ad-Aware and Norton anti-virus, as well as cleaned out all cookies, temp files, etc., using EasyClean. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer Directory Tree (XP Home w/sp2)

I would try to do a checkdisk on your D drive to see if there are any bad sectors.

Go to Start>Run, type in CMD and OK.
    This will bring you to a DOS type screen. You must be at the root of the C: drive to do this. If you are not, type in CD.. ( that is CD and two periods ) once or twice until you see the C: prompt.
    Type in:

<big>chkdsk d: /f</big>

It will scan through the D drive and if it finds bad sectors it will attempt to repair them for you.
    You can do this for any drive by just substituting the proper drive letter for d:
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer Directory Tree (XP Home w/sp2

Bob's suggestion is first, it's important! When you're done: just for curiosity, if you were to run Windows Explorer with the keyboard combination Winkey-E, which should open to My Computer in the left pane, does that also take a long time to perform? If so, check Tools, Folder Options, View to make sure the tick-box for checking network drives is NOT checked. If the above Winkey-E trick opens really fast, then you might check the shortcut you're using for opening to the D: drive, just to make sure it hasn't gotten corrupted.