Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: What Is legal

A link should be no problem, unless the site(s) specifically request not to do so (for whatever reason?) There might be copyright problems reproducing material directly from the site(s), especially in substantial "slabs", so a link is probably the safest bet, and certainly wouldn't transgress any legalities.

Alan

Thanks

The link for creating a new Personal Folder as against a normal folder is

http://www.pctoday.com/editorial/article.a...11t05.asp&guid=

And the link for Global Custom Views is

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...5-5243615.html

Both these tutorials were great, my searches in particular resulted in the opinion that you could not apply a Global Custom View, and I got into so much trouble creating a new personal folder for 2007, I save my e-mails by the year because of registrations and my inability to manage papers or HDD's.

My apologies if I have offended the authors, but material this good should be shared

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As Alan said, posting a link to an article on another site is OK in general, unless the site explicitly requests you not to post a link directly to the article, but to the home page of the site instead. In either case, you don't violate copyrights. It would have been different if you had quoted the entire article in the Lounge.

BTW, the PC Today article only shows the first few paragraphs if you don't have a subscription.

Thanks

Useful tips for customizing Outlook

Subject edited by HansV to aid in future searches

I have found two sites (other forums) that have assisted me in my desired setup of Outlook 2003.

i.e. "Global Custom views" and create "New Personal Folder" is it legal to reference them here?