Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Current Page is not current (2003)

Good morning -

I was just trying to print just one page of a 5-section document. I positioned the cursor to be on the page to be printed and clicked the mouse to be sure I was on the page. I went into the Print dialog and clicked on the "Current Page" radio button. Out came the page BEFORE. Thinking it was my fault - maybe I clicked on the previous page, I repeated the exercise and got the same result.

I have printed the "Current Page" many times, including in multi-section documents, even within the past few weeks. Never a problem.

Any clues as to what's going on? Of course, I could close Word, maybe even restart the computer. But I wanted to see if anyone else has run across this behavior.

I ended up printing the page with a specific page identifier - p8s4. If it's of any value, I had previously done a print for p1s4-p7s4, turned off the printer but not closed Word, and then decided that I also needed to print p8s4. When I went to print just the one page, I did NOT see the previous page designation.

TIA.

Fred

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Current Page is not current (2003)

I've never seen this happen, but there are a few newsgroup posts mentioning similar problems. The suggested workaround is to specify the page explicitly, as you have done, or to create a macro that basically does the same.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans.

I thought it was just me.

Fred

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

> Any clues as to what's going on?

None whatsoever.
    If you still have the offending document, I'd be pleased to hear what happens if you:
    1) Select all and update before printing (Ctrl-A, F9)
    failing that:
    2) Select all and update, then File Save before printing (Ctrl-A, F9)
    failing that:
    3) Select all and update, then File Save, File Close, File Open before printing (Ctrl-A, F9)

That is, I'd suspect (but don't know) that something is not being updated prior to the File, Print.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Chris,

Too late I'm afraid.

I did a few updates to the document yesterday after closing the document and working on it on a different computer. Printing "current" pages on that other PC worked fine.

I just ran another test on the original computer just now based on the revised version prior to trying your suggestions. Works fine.

Fred