seeme2sue

Skipping-Word 2000

At fairly regular intervals, I am typing text and notice that the text is apearing at a different location on the page then it should be. As it happens frequently, I do not believe I am hitting any buttons to cause this. I am not aware of this happening in any of my other programs. Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Skipping-Word 2000

Never heard of this before. Do you have "click & type" enabled? Try going to Tools/Options/Edit tab & unchecking the box. Another guess would be accidentally hitting the tab key--or maybe there's some key combination that activates a jump (sort of like Shift+F4 or Shift+F5).

Hope this helps.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nice interpretation, Phil!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Here's another possibility. If you use a laptop like mine, just a bare brush of the edge of the touchpad can send your cursor somewhere unexpected and you wind up typing in the middle of another part of the document.
    Charlotte

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You don't indicate exactly where the text is unexpectedly showing up. If it happens to be showing up on the expected line, but over to the right side of the screen, this can be caused by having text formatting set to justified, and inserted a "soft return" (Shift+Enter) before you get to the end of a line.

If this describes the problem you're getting, just set the text to left justified, or use full paragraph returns (Enter).

PeteL

I had the same problem. Drove me nuts, especially when composing e-mail messages. The culprit was my touchpad. If my thumb just gently touched it, the cursor would relocate as I typed.