4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hardware preference? Timing?

Our firm is going to be replacing at least half of all our desktops this year. Maybe all if the price and timing is all. We're talking a total of 50 desktops. We're looked at the basic business desktops at Dell, Gateway and HP. I tend to like Dell best and my firm admin tends to lean toward Gateway. Anyone want to contribute their two cents on which manufacturer they prefer or recommend for business desktops?

I'm hoping we can purchase them with Windows XP but if we want and Vista is the only OS offered, that would be okay. Just not our preference. As for Office, our preference is buy with Office 2003 with later upgrade to Office 2007. We're nowhere near ready to release Office 2007 on our network. We current use Office 2000 on open licenses. My boss is leaning toward wanting to buy Office OEM this time around to save money. Any opinions on that too?
    Daisy

Thanks

Re: Hardware preference? Timing?

I have not purchased from Gateway for a long time. Dell has long hold times for phone support, but otherwise has served us well. I suspect that for business customers Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 will be offered for quite a while.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Hardware preference? Timing?

We also prefer Dell. Although, these days hardware wise I'm not sure it makes much difference. See Windows Vista: Express Upgrade and <A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/msoffice_2003_jump?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd">Bring Sales & Marketing In-House With Microsoft
    Joe