Thread: Reports (03)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Reports (03)

I have a report that refers to a query. Within the query there is a field whose contents is either a 1 or 0. What I would like to do in the report is reflect only those records which are 0.

I know I can create a new query and set the criteria to 0 and report on the new query but I am curious as how to do it in the original query.

Thanks,
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reports (03)

If you don't want to set 0 as criteria in the query, you can use VBA code to set a filter on the report when opening it from a form:
    <code>
    DoCmd.OpenReport ReportName:="rptMyReport", View:=acViewPreview, WhereCondition:="[FieldName]=0"
    </code>
    Substitute the correct names. You can replace the 0 with a reference to a control on the form:
    <code>
    DoCmd.OpenReport ReportName:="rptMyReport", View:=acViewPreview, WhereCondition:="[FieldName]=" & Me!SomeControl
    </code>
    where SomeControl is the name of a control that holds either 0 or 1.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I got it to work on the report and tried the concept on another report where a field named "Status" is either Active or Term without success.

The code I am using is:

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    DoCmd.OpenReport ReportName:="Membership", View:=acViewPreview, WhereCondition:="[Status]=" & "Active"
    End Sub

I tried changing the condition to WhereCondition:="[Status]=Active" but that did not work either. Apparently the code treats numbers and text differently.

Thanks,
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You have to enclose text values in quotes. Since the criteria string itself is enclosed in double quotes, you cannot simply use them. One way around this is to use single quotes:
    <code>
    ..., WhereCondition:="[Status]='Active'"
    </code>
    Another is to double the double quotes:
    <code>
    ..., WhereCondition:="[Status]=""Active"""</code>