1. Unscramble the letters below forming four new words. The same letter was removed from each of the words to add a twist. You'll need to discover the missing letter and the four words.
2. Choose the correct letter from each of the five clues, put the five letters in order to reveal the answer to the riddle:
- <LI>S L O U E A ?
<LI>A L Y ?
<LI>C Y R A ?
<LI>B E R A ?
My whole a charming landscape scene.
- <LI>My first is in bring but not in fry.
<LI>My second in ring but not in high.
<LI>My third in over but not in near.
<LI>My fourth in open but not in hear.
<LI>My last in lock but not in lean.
3.The two words missing in the sentences below are different arrangements of the same eight letters. Can you complete the sentences?
<UL><LI>The man in the boat was the _________, keeping the sides even. The weight was so delicate that one extra __________ might have tipped the boat.[/list]4. All of the vowels (including Y), punctuation and spacing have been removed from the nursery rhyme below. Can you bring it restore it?
<UL><LI>M S T R S S M R Q T C N T R R H W D S R G R D N G R W[/list]5. Place a new syllable or word in the blank space to form two new words. An example is given:
<UL><LI>Tur <font color=blue>BAN</font color=blue> Dage
<LI>Cal ____ Chant[/list]6. Apples...
<UL><LI>Roxanne gave one-fourth of her apples , plus ten, to Annie. Then she gave one-fifth of what was left, plus ten, to Sandra. Then she gave half of what was left, plus ten, to Jan. Roxanne kept the last five apples. How many apples did Roxanne start out with?[/list]
7. The sixteen letters below can be anagrammed into a two-word menu item that might be found at the Ming Jade Gardens Restaurant.
<UL><LI>A B C E E E L N N O O R S S T T [/list]8. Bill rode his bike at six miles per hour and arrived in the next town one hour earlier than if he had ridden at five miles per hour. How far did he ride?
9. I have $3.60 that consists of an equal number of pennies (.01), dimes (.10) and quarters (.25). How many of each do I have?
10. Find a five-digit number in which the second and fourth digits are the same, the third digit is the sum of the first and second, the fifth digit is the sum of the third and fourth and the third digit is one more than the first and one less than the fifth. The sum of all the digits is 14.
11. Next number, please? 3, 9, 5, 25, 7, 49, 9, __
12. The missing number? 1, 2, 1, 3, __, 19