Thread: List Box (2000)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

List Box (2000)

Hi,

Since we can use Lookup Wizard in the table field and create list box in the form (Date source is same table) field, so which is the best way to create list box, table or form? I am so confuse of it. Also in which condition, we should use table Lookup Wizard or Listbox in Form?

Thanks

Regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: List Box (2000)

The "official" reply is that you should not use the Lookup Wizard in tables, since
    a) end users should never work with tables directly, so they don't need lookups in tables, only in forms.
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] it takes up extra space, making the table slightly less efficient.

For this reason, I avoid using the Lookup Wizard in tables. However, if you're a beginner in Access, it can be a useful tool to set up relationships quickly and to learn how to use lookups. Also, with today's computers, the overhead of lookups in a table is hardly noticeable, if at all, so there's no objection to use them initially. It is always possible to set the Lookup property of a table field back to the default Text Box later on.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: List Box (2000)

Thank you so much, Hans. I am going to use list box on the form only.

Thank you again.

Regards