New Lounger
    Thanks

pdf / word views

I emailed an attachment in pdf format. The recipient says she received a redlined, draft version of my document. When I converted my word doc to a pdf, it was in "Final" form. I didn't know it is possible for a recipient to view a pdf in redlined, or marked up form. How can I send a pdf or a document, which has been modified, that cannot be viewed in anything but the final form? Thanks SERS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: pdf / word views

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Have you made sure that Final is selected in the dropdown box on the Reviewing toolbar (instead of Final with Markup)? Just selecting Final from the Show menu next to it is not sufficient to suppress the redlining.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to accept all changes before converting to PDF. If you want to keep the tracked changes in the document, save it before accepting the changes, and close it without saving afterwards.

Thanks

Re: pdf / word views

How did you generate the PDF? If you open the PDF in Adobe Reader, do you see the markup?

Microsoft has switched around the dialogs and menu options for Tracked Changes with almost every release of Word, but if I recall correctly, your screen display and your printed output can be different in this regard (one showing changes, the other not). Perhaps this is obvious, but: if it is important to print only the final version, use Print Preview and check the PDF itself before sending. Definitely do not trust Word's "send as attachment" or any other automation that does not let you see exactly what is going out.