Star Lounger
    Thanks

Document Macro 'Overridden' (Office Professional 2

I've created a document that includes a macro that I plan to connect to a custom button (on the formatting toolbar) or to a new item on the menu bar. I've added both for testing.

If the Adobe PDFMaker (or PDFMakerA) add-in is loaded, my custom toolbar and menu item are not available. After unloading the PDFMaker add-in, my stuff is fine. If I start Word from the command line with the /a flag and then load my document, my customizations appear and work fine. (On some users' machines, my custom items DO appear momentarily when the document loads, but the toolbars and menu are overwritten without them, apparently replaced by the Adobe items.)

My stuff is stored in the document, and I expected it to have precedence over other templates, normal.dot, or add-in templates....but apparently it does not.

Is this a known situation? Is there a way to allow my added menu item and/or toolbar to "play nicely" with the PDF Maker add-in? (The Adobe site seems to be silent on this issue, but I may have missed some reference.)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Document Macro 'Overridden' (Office Professional 2

The PDF add-in is known to cause problems with toolbar customizations. See Lose that Adobe Acrobat Toolbar - without losing the Adobe functionality on Graham Mayor's website.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Document Macro 'Overridden' (Office Profession

That fits with what I'm seeing.
    As always, thank you Hans!