New Lounger
    Thanks

Fails to Display PST File (Outlook 2003 SP 2)

Outlook had been working fine but when I opened it up today it failed to display the pst file.

The program is definitely opening the file as it is synchronising the mail and it is showing any reminders. I transferred the pst file to another user on the same computer and it opened fine so I am assuming that the issue lies with something in my profile.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Fails to Display PST File (Outlook 2003 SP 2)

I can't picture this. You start Oulook and you don't see anything in the Navigator pane/folder list?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response I have been away. The program opens up and synchronises incoming mail but all I see is the icon appear in he Task Bar and also the Outlook Tab. Nothing actually appears on the screen at all.

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 15-Jan-07 19:25. )</P>I'm not familiar with the Outlook tab. Is this a feature of an Office toolbar?

Can you switch to Outlook using the Applications tab of the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) or by holding Alt and pressing Tab to cycle through open applications?

Added: I just noticed that if I right-click the system tray icon, I have the option to Open Outlook. Does that work?

Possibly the Outlook window got moved off-screen. If you have Outlook active (Task bar icon is pressed in) press Alt+F11 to call up the VB Editor. Press Ctrl+G to place your cursor in the Immediate window. Then paste each of the following and press enter:

ActiveExplorer.Top = 0
    ActiveExplorer.Left = 0

Does it work?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Bingo - Once I used the VB Editor I have the Outlook page back. Thanks for the help.