Star Lounger
    Thanks

OE won't open and then Dr. Watson crashes (OE 6)

Fellow loungers,

My wife's PC has suddenly had a problem with OE. Upon opening OE she gets the message: msimn.exe has met with a problem and must close (or something like that; I'm translating the original error message from French. Then up comes the error report window and whether she sends the report or not, she gets the following error: drwtsn.32.exe has met with a problem and must close (again, translation). Then Sysfader tries to shut down and can't and the machine freezes. When this initially occured, her screen went black and she has been unable to start it back up. She now has my monitor hooked up to her PC but still has the same problems when opening OE. I'm posting from work and getting details on the error messages via e-mail, so my apologies for the translations and the lack of any other details.

Thanks

Re: OE won't open and then Dr. Watson crashes (OE 6)

There are quite a few articles dealing with this problem here .
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OE won't open and then Dr. Watson crashes (OE

Thanks, John. In the end, I simply switched her over to Outlook (which both of us have been too lazy to switch over to after years of OE use). All of her .dbx files were configured correctly (Not read only) but I decided against fiddling with the registry (I'm simply too much of an amateur). Part of the problem has to be the massive amount of crud in her inbox subfiles and, above all, in her sent items file (really totally insane). My wife also has the really bad habit of opening and closing OE about 100 times a day instead of simply leaving it open. Anyway, problem solved, or, more correctly, left behind.

Thanks

Re: OE won't open and then Dr. Watson crashes (OE

Glad the problem is solved Tony. Thanks for posting back.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions