3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

importing reports in Access (Access 2003 )

Trying to import a report from one db to another but when I go to select the report or forms the selections are grayed out and it will only let me import the tables and queires. Is there something wrong are is there something I need to do to fix this? Thanks..

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: importing reports in Access (Access 2003 )

I assume that you are using File | Get External Data | Import...

Does the problem persist after compacting and repairing the source and target databases? Or after restarting your PC?

Try opening both databases (in two separate instances of Access). Can you drag a form or report from the source database to the target database?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The db I'm tryiing to import from is a .mde type and they have it open to a form and the report and forms are all hidden. This was a db I inherited from a since long gone co-worker. Anything I can do? I was going to import everything into a new db fix the problem and export to the old...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You cannot get at the design of forms and reports in an .mde. Sorry. You'll have to find the .mdb the .mde was created from.

You might try the following, but it may not work. Open the .mde, then activate the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11). Click the Design Mode button on the toolbar. Then switch back to Access. Perhaps you can export now.