New Lounger
    Thanks

eMicrosoft Word 2000 (Microsoft Works 6.0)

Help!! My Microsoft Word program took a long time to open for months but continued to work. Now, when I open it, I get the screen for a couple of seconds, then a "Microsoft Word for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close...." I quote from details of error report :
    AppName: winword.exe AppVer 9.0.0.3822 ModName: winword.exe ModVer: 9.0.03822 Offset: 000c7fe4

And I can't open my existing documents in Word either; when I try to open an existing file, I get an error message like the following: Name: winword.exe AppVer :9.0.0.3822 ModName: winword.exe ModVer: 9.0.0.3822 Offset: 0006729f Windows can't find Cocuments and SettingsMaureen.MAUREEN-KIXHUXA.000My DocumentsMARTIN SHEEDY.rtf . Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again...."

I tried reinstalling it a while back, but that didn't help. Could it be worn out from years of use?

I appreciate any help that any Good Samaritan can provide to a non-techie.

Maureen

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: eMicrosoft Word 2000 (Microsoft Works 6.0)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Our moderator Phil Rabichow has written an excellent <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>. It provides a step-by-step method to find out where the problem lies.