Results 1 to 2 of 2
2007-01-12, 15:39 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2002
- South Carolina, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Adding an object to an input form (97)
I am creating a database for our HR department. They would like to attach a fax or pdf file to a record for an employee. When they enter the information into the table. Is this possible and how would I go about doing this?
2007-01-12, 15:53 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: Adding an object to an input form (97)
You have two options.
1) OLE field
- Add an OLE Object field to the table.
- Add a Bound Object Frame to the data entry form, bound to the OLE Object field.
- The user can select Insert | Object... or right-click the control and select Insert Object... to add a file.
- The user can specify whether the object should be linked to the original file or not.
2) Hyperlink field
- Add a Hyperlink field to the table.
- Add a text box bound to the Hyperlink field to the data entry form.
- The user can select Insert | Hyperlink or right-click the text box and select Hyperlink | Edit Hyperlink.
- The file will be opened in the application associated with it (fax viewer, Adobe Reader, ...)