5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Half-complete installation (Office 2003 & XP prof SP2)

My son, bless him, tried to install Japanese character input on my XP / Office 2003
    PC.

The original Office installation was from a networked installer and unsurprisingly
    the extra installation failed.

Now, whenever I start Word, Excel, PowerPoint it tries to download the files. Luckily
    I can cancel out of this, but its a pain. How can I tell Office to stop looking for
    this installation ?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Half-complete installation (Office 2003 & XP prof SP2)

To finish adding features and installing updates, you have to connect to the server where your Office installation administrative point is.

To stop unsuccessful attempts to upgrade Office, try to restore your computer to Restore point before the first attempt to update Office (Windows XP only). If you are running Windows prior to XP or Restore point is unusable, restore your full system backup made before the update attempt.

However, you can try to download and install full version of Office XP Service Pack 3 (scroll down to the bottom of the page and select full - 57.5 MB - download). Note: Some users will still be prompted for the original CD when using the Office XP SP3 Full File Version, depending on your installation of Office XP. For more information, please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, (828451) OFFXP: Why Service Packs, Updates, and Security Patches May Require the Office XP CD-ROM.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Half-complete installation (Office 2003 & XP prof SP2)

Thanks - XP roll-back worked (only had to reinstall printers !).