Star Lounger
    Thanks

Delimited Text Files (2003)

Hi folks, I have a delimited text file in which the originator has used the delimiter "|". The file is too large to be manipulated in Excel, however, when I try and import it into Access, it will not take the bar delimiter. This should be entered in the "Other" definition, however, when I try and type it in, Access will not take it. Trying to deal with the file as a fixed length file also seems not to be working too well. is there anything I can do to get access to take the bar character as a delimiter?

TVM Ina

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delimited Text Files (2003)

Try the following: in the second step of the Import Text Wizard, first click the option button labeled Other, then type | in the box next to it.
    If you click in the text box first, Access will automatically select the Other option button but it won't let you enter | in the text box.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

PS were the replies to <post:=623,362>post 623,362</post:> and <post:=624,865>post 624,865</post:> helpful?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans, yes this worked fine - sorry am not much up on searching the threads - will look next time.

Kind regards.

Ina