Star Lounger
    Thanks

Business Contact Manager (2003/2007)

Hi,

I've trying to help a friend who runs a small business with sourcing a small CRM type solution. He was considering creating an Access database but has no Access experience. I've been looking at info on Business Contact Manager which sounds like it might do the trick. Does anybody have any experience of using this and do you require Exchange to use it? (he uses Outlook with a POP mail account)

Many thanks, Laurie

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Business Contact Manager (2003/2007)

You are not required to use Exchange. I don't use Outlook with BCM. Have you looked at Outlook with Business Contact Manager Home Page - Microsoft Office Online. There is a link for a free trial which takes you to Microsoft Office Online. There is also a link for a browser based test drive which takes you to Test drive the 2007 Microsoft Office release - Outlook with Business Contact Manager - Microsoft Office Online.

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Joe. I had looked at the Microsoft site, but I hadn't found anything about whether you needed Exchange. I'll definitely pass the test on to my friend.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

FYI, Better Together: Do More with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 is an article that gives you some information about using the two products together. Microsoft is really trying to prmote the idea using their server software. Hence the 'better together' stuff. Just to repeat, Exchange is definitely NOT a requirement to use Outlook with BCM.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

If you are looking for a CRM, I might suggest FreeCRM . It is pretty straight forward.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the ideas - they're all great and I shall pass them on.