3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Explorer - In Folder ? (XP-Pro SP2)

What does it mean when a Windows Explorer 'search' returns information in the 'In Folder' column with no drive prefix letter?

In trying to clean up after several abortive attempts to install MySQL, I ran a search of all hard drives with 'mysql' as the search argument, searching in system and hidden folders, too. I got hits showing files in folder 'xampp'. I had installed xampp months ago when first trying to set up a local server, but uninstalled it and deleted the downloaded files and the folders into which the download had been unzipped. Now here it shows up again - and might be the root of some of my problems with mysql.

Screenshot attached:

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer - In Folder ? (XP-Pro SP2)

Could it/they be in the Recycle Bin?

Right-click the file name and select Properties - does it tell you the location there?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer - In Folder ? (XP-Pro SP2)

I know stored URLs can appear in "strange folders", like "Today", but those .bat files don't seem to belong to that category. Some thing appear in "special" folders like My Computer. Still other strange "folder" names appear to be related to (.zip) archives containing the file... I'm guessing this might be the case. What happens when you do a search for "xampp"?

Alan