Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outline scheme (Word 2003)

If I put my cursor in a level 1 paragraph, and then look in Format > Bullets and Numbering... > Customize...and use the down arrow to move to level 8, I can see that the numbering for your level 8 isn't set correctly. Strangely if I just click on level 8 in this dialog box it looks fine!

If I then delete the numbering in this dialog box and reinsert it, the level 8 numbering is now OK. This does mess up your indents, so the fix is going to be a bit tedious:
    <UL><LI>Open your template
    <LI>Put the cursor in a level 1 heading
    <LI>Format Bullets and Numbering...
    <LI>Customize...
    <LI>Click on the 1 on the levels on the left
    <LI>OPTIONAL - click the More button and give the list template a sensible name in the "Listnum field list name" box, for example myHeadingNumbers
    <LI>Use the up and down arrows to select level 8 - so it looks like the image here
    <LI>Delete the numbers in the Number Format dialog box
    <LI>Now put the correct numbering for level 8 back into the box
    <LI>Select level 1 again and check all of the indents
    <LI>Now check the indents for levels 2 to 8 in order, and make sure that they are all correct
    <LI>Select level 1 again, so that when you click OK you haven't changed the paragraph your cursor is in
    <LI>OK your way out of all the dialog boxes[/list]It is really important that you carry out all of these steps in a single visit to the dialog box.

StuartR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.GIF (22.1 KB, 0 views)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outline scheme (Word 2003)

Hello,

I have this document (attached) and I created a special outline template for it so that it is keyed to my textbook.

However, for some reason, level 8 only displays "" and skips every other letter of the alphabet. Furthermore, level 9 only shows "(ii)".

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

Sincerely,

JMT

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outline scheme (Word 2003)

I see that you have removed the previously attached document. Does this mean that your problem is now solved?

StuartR