Lounger
    Thanks

Excel graphs again! (Office 2003 )

Me again. I recently asked for help in saving Excel graphs as jpgs, and the best solution seemed to be to use Irfanview, which seemed perfect. However my publisher now tells me the files are not high enough resolution for their purposes. Same question: how do I do this and achieve high res images? Can't seem to do it in Irfanview. Am I missing something, or do I need different software? If so, any recommendations (ideally free)?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel graphs again! (Office 2003 )

You can specify the quality of .jpg images in IrfanView in the options of the Save As dialog. Quality is on a scale from 0 to 100 - the higher the quality, the larger the file size.

But, quality will never be higher than the original. If you want a high-resolution picture, make the chart in Excel larger.

Lounger
    Thanks

Still no luck. The maximum resolution I get out of Irfanview when saving an Excel graph is about 30kb when the printers say the need 300kb. Any suggestions for other software that might do the trick?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

An Excel chart converted to an image has only the resolution of the screen - usually 96 dpi.
    Make the chart as large as possible, then export to a .bmp file (to avoid loss of quality). It should be possible to prodice a reduced size .jpg from this, with a higher resolution as a result. To obtain 300 dpi, you should make the chart roughly 3 times as wide/high as the size you'll eventually need.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again, HansV