2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Setting defult explorer / browser list type (XP 2002)

I would like to be able by defualt to view all files when browsing -- whether it is in Windows Explorer, or , say, in the dialogue box which appears in Word or Excel when you click on Open -- listed showing details (not, say, thumbnails or what have you) and by file name (not, say, by date modified) . I find that when I'm looking for something in several layers of subfolders, I have to do a lot of clicking (show details, sort by name) at each level, even i I go back one level. GRRRRRR. Is there a way to set this default -- even if I have to it for each Office application?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting defult explorer / browser list type (XP 2002)

I don't think there is one umbrella setting that covers all applications.

You can force Windows Explorer to use your favorite view by setting it for one folder. Then select Tools | Folder Options... and activate the View tab. Clear the check box "Remember each folder's view settings" and click "Apply to All Folders".

Applications such as Word should remember the view you set in the Open and Save As dialogs such as Detail view, sort by name. However, the dialogs will by default show only Word-related files in Word, Excel-related files in Excel etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.PNG (15.9 KB, 0 views)