3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ActiveSync Problem

I am am getting and error message "This version of Microsoft ActiveSync is not compatable with connected Windows Mobile device. Please upgrade to lastest version of ActveSync and reconnect". I am using Microsoft ActiveSync v4.1.0 (Build 4841). But even when I tried with v4.2 which I believe is the latest version, I had the same problem. My phone is a Sierra Wireless Voq with Widows Mobile 2003 SE. I have tried to reinstall ActiveSync and that did not work and I took down my Firewall to see if that was the problem but no luck there either. This just started a few days ago ... before I was having no problems. I have attached a screenshot for what it is worth.

Screenshot removed by HansV because it was much too wide and didn't provide more info than already given in the text of the post.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ActiveSync Problem

> This just started a few days ago ... before I was having no problems.

The obvious solution would be to use System Restore, or restore a recent image backup if you have one.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have done some other things that I would rather not go back on. Any other thoughts ???

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The only other suggestion I have is to completely deinstall ActiveSync, delete any related devices, and start again from scratch.

I would recommend trying this quickly as the longer you wait before trying a restore, the worse it will get!

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks